Call today for a free consultation 310.817.6904

  • Track Record of Success

    “The commitment and work on my legal case was outstanding. I cannot thank Claery & Green, LLP enough."

    What Our Clients Say
  • Why a Divorce Attorney?

    Working with a divorce lawyer helps you reach the best possible settlement in your support and custody agreement.

    How We Can Help
  • Understanding
    the Process

    Make sure that you are informed of the process every step of the way. We are here to guide you during this time.

    What Should You Expect?
  • We Offer You A
    Free Consultation

    Our legal team is dedicated to the outcome of the case. Don't be afraid to give us a call and learn how we can help.

    Contact Us Now

Will your tax return be taken for child support?

Will your tax return be taken for child support?

If you owe back payment for child support (also known as "arrears"), the IRS may levy your tax return.  To determine how much you owe in arrears (and ensure that the Department of Child Support Services ("DCSS") has not miscalculated the arrears which may result in an artificially inflated amount), contact an attorney at Claery & Green, LLP.  We can assist you with obtaining an accounting of your payments.  If the accounting from DCSS is incorrect, an attorney at Claery & Green, LLP can assist you with correcting your total amount owed.  It is important to obtain an accounting before filing your taxes so you can ensure that the correct amount, if any, is deducted from your tax return and or prevent an inappropriate withholding of your tax refund.  Contact an attorney at Claery & Green, LLP today for more information.

Nicole Negron, Attorney at Law
Claery & Green, LLP