Divorce can be an emotionally trying process, especially in situations involving tense divorce litigation. When a couple agrees to discuss the terms of their divorce openly with one another, it is called a collaborative divorce. Collaborative divorces are much easier than all involved parties than other types of divorces which may require intervention from the court. With a collaborative divorce, you and your spouse will come to agreements about your future on your own, with the help of an attorney. At Claery & Green, our divorce lawyers have a great deal of experience handling situations involving collaborative divorces and they fully understand how best to handle these cases. When a couple cares about the well-being of their family enough to participate in a peaceful, amicable collaborative divorce, things will progress much smoother.
The divorce lawyers at our firm have a good approach to handling collaborative divorces, and you can expect that your divorce attorney will strive to do the following:
- Listen to what is important to each party.
- Minimize partner conflict by communicating openly.
- Empower client by giving them control of the legal process.
- Lay out the pros and cons of multiple solutions and alternatives.
- Provide essential resources to maximize emotional and financial stability in the family.
- Help spouses place a high priority on the children's best interests.
Los Angeles Collaborative Divorce Attorneys
It is a certainty that collaborative divorce is the best way to go about this process. With cooperation from both parties, and through an environment of open communication facilitated by a Los Angeles divorce lawyer, it will be much easier for the family to decide on the terms of the divorce so that everyone can begin to move forward.