Can Court Orders be Changed?

When ruling on a divorce or family court case, the judge will decide upon an agreement that they determine best suits both parties and their situations. It is not uncommon, however, for circumstances to change drastically within a few months or even years later, making the original judgment unsuitable for the current situation. In such cases, the impacted party can seek a modification on the court's prior orders.

If your circumstances have changed and you would like to have your court orders modified, do not wait to speak with a skilled family attorney as soon as possible about your available options. Claery & Hammond, LLP is a skilled Los Angeles-based firm that has assisted countless clients through modifications proceedings, and we can help you petition the court as well. A knowledgeable attorney from our team can evaluate the specifics of your situation to determine if you qualify for post-judgment modification. Some of the circumstances that the court will take into consideration include:

  • Loss of a job or significant change in employment
  • Significant change in either party's income
  • Need or desire of one parent to relocate
  • Significant change in cost of caring for the children
  • Serious illness of either party

There are a number of factors that the court will consider when evaluating a request for modification. If you are unsure whether your situation qualifies for modification, please do not hesitate to contact our offices Our seasoned attorneys can assess your circumstances to help you determine what legal options are available. Waiting to pursue modification can have very damaging effects upon your finances and relationships, so it is best that you speak with a skilled legal counselor as soon as possible to protect your rights and interests. Contact our team or fill out a free case evaluation form today to learn how you can pursue a post-judgment modification.