Claery & Green, LLP Client Receives Favorable Move Away Orders

An associate attorney at Claery & Hammond, LLP received favorable results for their client recently. The client was granted his request for a move away to Connecticut with the minor child after a heated child custody battle.

A move away request occurs when one parent wishes to move the child(ren) out of state after filing for a dissolution and/or paternity (child custody) action. The parent must receive a court order or written permission from the other parent before leaving the state with the child.

Move away requests can be highly contentious and are taken very seriously by the judge. Specific factors are considered, including the best interest of the child(ren) involved.

If you want to know more about a move away request, contact Claery & Hammond, LLP today for your free consultation.