Reporting Restraining Order Violation

If you were granted a restraining order such as a temporary order of protection, and the order was violated, here are some things you should do report the violation:

  • First, make sure that you keep your restraining order in a safe place so that you have it on hand when you report that it has been violated. Should law enforcement officials ask to see it, you will have access to it.
  • Call law enforcement and tell them that your domestic violence restraining order ("CLETS") or civil restraining order was violated. Ask them what procedures you must follow to report the violation and to seek additional protection.
  • After officers tell you how to report the violation, make sure that you follow the proper steps and report the violation as soon as possible.
  • Finally, seek help from a family law attorney that can protect you from additional harm and that can assist you as you report the violation.

Was your Los Angeles or San Diego California restraining order violated? Have you been the victim of domestic violence? Now is the time to speak with a Los Angeles family law lawyer who can offer you the legal services and protection you need. Contact Claery & Hammond, LLP today!