Restraining Orders Over the Holidays

If you have been abused by an ex-spouse and are worried that he or she may come to the holiday festivities, it may be best to make sure that your restraining order is active and contact local law enforcement about any concerns that you may have. Restraining orders are served to a defendant by the court and demand that the individual restrained stay away from the family members listed on the order for the duration of time on the order.

If the order is violated for any reason, law enforcement has the right to approach the offender and arrest him or her. If you are concerned that an ex may show up at Christmastime, then you need to talk with an attorney at the firm today to learn more. With the right lawyer on your side, you will be able to take action. You may even be able to get an emergency restraining order put in place for the duration of the holiday season if you are particularly concerned.

If an ex has insisted on coming to the Christmas or New Years' celebrations despite the fact that he or she wasn't invited, then you may want to take initiative against that by filing a restraining order quickly. Also, if your ex violates a restraining order, you will need to notify am attorney at the firm today to learn more. Don't hesitate to contact the attorneys and get the information that you need. If you want to file a restraining order, you can contact a Los Angeles family attorney at our firm today to get information about how to do this. A lawyer at Claery & Hammond can walk you through the process so that you can be confident that your restraining order will stand up in court. Hire the firm today to learn more!