Skip to Content
Claery & Hammond, LLP Claery & Hammond, LLP
Los Angeles 310-817-6904
San Diego 760-870-4900

Should You File for Visitation of your Grandchildren?

A Legal Team You Can Trust

There are some situations where it may be necessary for you to file for visitation rights if you would like to preserve your relationship with your grandchildren. This is especially true if you are the parent of a non-custodial parent following a divorce.

If the other parent has custody of the children, then you may want to insist on having visitation so that your relationship with the children will not be cut off. As well, the grandparents of a deceased parent may want to file for visitation in order to keep a relationship with the children despite the fact that their child has passed away.

As well, if a child has been adopted by a third-party, then it may be important to file for visitation. If you are the parent of a child that no longer has a relationship with the children, and they have been adopted by your child's ex-spouse and step-parent, the best way to maintain a relationship with the child is to file for visitation rights.

If you are the parent to a non-custodial parent that is not interested in having visitation, then you may want to secure that right for yourself. This is because your child's disinterest in the children may jeopardize your ability to have an impact in their lives.

If you want to preserve your relationship with your children, then you need to talk with an attorney today to learn more. A Los Angeles family lawyer may be able to advocate for you and help you to get the assistance that you need. You can work with an attorney at Claery & Hammond and determine whether or not you should take legal action to secure your relationship with your grandkids.


Contact Us Today

Put Your Case in Qualified Hands
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy
  • Featured Los Angeles Times Family Law Practitioners 

  • We Provide Unique, Tailor-Made Solutions for Each Client

  • We Offer a Free Initial Case Consultation
  • Our Team Has Over 50 Years of Combined Experience
  • Our  Attorneys Handle All Types of Family Court Issues
  • We Solely Focus on the Areas of Divorce and Family Law