Like snowflakes, no two divorces are the same. Your divorce will be very different than your sister’s, your neighbor’s, or your friend’s. While it’s certainly beneficial to listen to others’ experiences, you want to be sure that you are taking the advice of an actual divorce lawyer, one who understands the specifics of your case and how to protect your best interests.
Since filing for divorce is not only stressful, but very personal, it’s important that you find the right divorce attorney, one who is competent in their abilities, and one that you are confident about.
Choosing the right lawyer can make all the difference in the outcome of your divorce case, so you want to make sure that you conduct your due diligence and check the lawyer’s qualifications before making this very important decision.
Here are some good questions to ask during your initial interview with a prospective divorce attorney:
- Do you specialize in divorce, or is family law a part of your practice?
- How many years have you been practicing law?
- Do you practice divorce mediation as well?
- Will anyone else at your firm be working on my case? If so, can I meet him or her?
- What costs, other than your legal fees, do you expect there to be, and how will I be charged for them?
- What can I do to help?
- Do I have any specific instructions, for example, how to act on social media?
- Should I hire any other professionals, such as a CPA or financial advisor?
- What can I do to minimize the cost of my divorce?
- What is the best way for me to reach you?
- How long do you take to return phone calls or emails?
- What strategy will you use to resolve my case?
At Claery & Green, LLP, we specialize in family law. Our firm is not only highly respected in the Greater Los Angeles Area, it is one of thirteen firms selected for the Los Angeles Times 2013 and 2015 Family Law Practitioners feature.
If you are looking for an experienced and dedicated Los Angeles divorce attorney, we invite you to contact our firm and schedule a free consultation with a member of our legal team.
To visit our office in person and meet our friendly staff, call (310) 817-6904 today!