Using Social Media to Learn More About Your Ex's income for Support

If you are paying child support, spousal support, or alimony, it is probably because your spouse is unable to sustain a comfortable lifestyle on his or her own income. Yet if you start hearing rumors of new cars, expensive clothes, and lavish vacations, you may be able to receive a modification in court. You will need to prove that your ex does not need your financial assistance and is capable of living comfortably without your payments.

Claery & Hammond suggests that you keep an eye on your ex's social media pages. Look at his or her Twitter account, Facebook page, and any other social media pages to learn more about how this individual is faring. Make sure to always be legal when researching your ex-spouse. Use public profiles, and don't try to hack into private accounts or circumvent any digital blocks that have been put in place. You will want to make sure that you are not digitally stalking your ex. Instead, you will want to merely take notes on any posts that that individual makes that are now public knowledge.

For example, if your ex-spouse posts online about a job or a promotion, then this may be an excellent reason to bring up a spousal support modification. You will want to go to the court with printed evidence of your ex's success and explain why you don't believe that payments are necessary anymore. If you want more information than you can contact a Los Angeles family lawyer at Claery & Hammond to assist you. You need the right attorney on your side to help you with your case and ensure that you are getting the fair divorce settlement that you deserve. If you want to plead for a modification, you can contact a divorce attorney at the firm today!